Sunday, January 18, 2015

Inspiration from a lucky man

 “If you were to rush into this room right now and announce that you had struck a deal - with God, Allah, Buddha, Christ, Krishna, Bill Gates, whomever - in which the ten years since my diagnosis could be magically taken away, traded in for ten more years as the person I was before - I would, without a moment's hesitation, tell you to take a hike.” 
― Michael J. Fox, Lucky Man: A Memoir

This is a sentence from the book by Michael J. Fox, that he wrote about his life with Parkinson’s disease.
He called himself in his memoirs about that terrible, incurable illness a „Lucky Man” and gave me a lot with this thought.
When I couldn’t get pregnant for a while, I felt like a sick person. Like a woman, who can’t do, what women were supposed to do. Even though I never really gave up hope, that the day will come, when I would be a mother, I thought, that it was the most terrible part of my life. I thought, even, when I would be a happy grandmother one day, I would remember of this period as the darkest of my entire life.
But somehow, one day, I changed my mind. I began to see the positives in my situation. 
I had time to think about myself, about my relationships, about the world around me.  Michael J. Fox was one of the people , who taught me, that you can grow from a hard situtation.
Today, I know, that even if you have problems, the day could come, when you say: „This difficulties helped me a lot.” It’s easy for me to say it now, having two kids in my house. Thanks and best wishes to Mr. Fox, father of four !

No comments:

Post a Comment